Application of Paper Embroidery
So where and when can you make paper embroidery useful? Well, in many occasions and many ways. The following are uses of paper embroidery;
• Greeting cards – stitching cards are becoming very popular nowadays especially for people who want personalized greeting cards.
• Scrapbooking – instead of using colored scrapbooking papers, you can add life to your scrapbooks by using embroidered paper.
• Table decors – you can make embroidered decorations for your tables
• Bookmarks or notebook covers – instead of frowning over a plain bookmark or notebook, you can lighten it up by adding embroidery on them.
• Tags – you may also embroider gift tags or name tags should you like a personalized touch
The Things to Consider In Paper Embroidery
If you are planning to do paper embroidery, there are several things that you need to consider. And among the most important are the materials that you will need. First, you need to decide on the type of paper you will be using. Be sure to choose papers which can hold the threads. It should also be fibrous and can allow you to push the needles through it.
The type of needles that you are going to use should be very thin and sharp. Many recommend that a paper embroiderer use 75/11 needle size. The threads that you will be using are the next thing to consider. You can actually use any kind of threads you prefer. But make sure that it will perfectly fit he needle as well as suit the paper you are using on your project.
There is not much you need in order to start your project. You just have to keep in mind that in paper embroidery, creativity is also the best factor to consider.